Wednesday 12 March 2014

Parrots in Love! Red and Blue Macaw Pair // Avairy Logo

I recently had the pleasure of painting more macaw parrots. This time a loved-up couple to be used as a new logo for the wonderful "Feathered Companions Avairy" in Delmar, Maryland. The aviary breeds many kinds of parrots, but the stars of the show are of course the big-hearted and beautiful macaws. 





It was great to work on the parrots' face detail this time, (my previous paintings are less detailed)

:: Process and Roughs...

There were many possibilities for the design, which I drew inspiration for from the aviary's own photos. Below are just some of my exploratory drawings...






...in flight and very happy:



...and a baby.


You can find previous posts with my macaws series from 2011 here:




All images are (C) Amy Holliday 2014.
Please contact me first to seek permission before using. Thank you!



1 comment: