Thursday 11 October 2012

New Fruits: Red & Green Grapes and Wine labels

I have been so wrapped up in trying to get things done lately that I have been forgetting to blog! Here are some more portfolio images I have been working on. I have been wanting to create some more food illustrations, in particular for packaging, and where is a better place to start than some mock wine labels?

I aimed to paint big juicy bunches of grapes in a similar way to the vegetables (link) by drawing them from life and then focusing on capturing their rich colours. I have also added a background with these, something that I do not do often enough.







I attempted a much looser effect with some red grape vines, and have experimented with using them as a design for a mock Welch's juice design.










0 comments:

Post a Comment