Tuesday 12 June 2012

Pet Portraits - gerbil babies, budgies and fancy goldfish

These are some pet portrait commissions I have completed recently.

This little series was a commission for a5-sized paintings of three gerbil portraits and one budgie. I worked from photo references but the client had some requests for little extras which I added in too.





 The rainbow was an unexpected request, and it called for some practice and experimenting with various techniques before I painted the final piece.



This handsome boy's name is Merlin, so he needed a bit of extra magic! 



Another recent pet portait was of this playful chappy named Bartholomew (the best name for a fish I have ever heard)

2 comments:

  1. Really sweet! I can feel the love. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so touching, nothing like babies, doesn't matter what kind human or animal. You have such a wonderful painting formulation, so subtle yet confident.

    ReplyDelete